Friday, December 25, 2009

An Oldie & A Goodie

I decided to put together another Christmas treat yesterday considering I had all but two of the ingredients on hand. These are my Mama's Russell Stover candies, although I've heard them called two different names since yesterday.

Here they are in the beginning of the assembling process:
They are made using a combination of coconut, pecans, sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar and shortening. Once you combine all of those ingredients you let your bowl chill for two hours before rolling your candy mixture into small balls.

Next, melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax over a double boiler:
Dip each ball into the chocolate quickly and set on wax paper to set up. They are pretty easy and make a ton to giveaway.

Here's a small sampling sitting all pretty on my dining room table:
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

katie H. said...

I received some of these as a gift..yummy!!!! Thanks Carla