Friday, December 11, 2009

Feltie Fun

I love working with felt. There is never any problem with exposed seams, frayed edges or anything....felt is fun!!! Here are a few projects I have done in the past working with the felt in my craft stash.
A fabric art journal covered with a cute felt cupcake
and the birthday girl's name:
A felt gift tag dresses up a simple package covered with kraft paper:
Treat bags to celebrate the Easter holiday:
An adorable tooth fairy pillow that includes a heart pouch (on the back)
to hold your child's tooth and the tooth fairy's treats:
And today, I made a Poloroid feltie for my sister's favorite person,
her grandson, Dalton:
I found the tutorial for the feltie on this post and made two of these using one 9x12 piece of white felt. This is an easy project that comes together in less than 10 minutes. Of course, make sure your recipient knows what a Poloroid is....I had to explain the concept to my two girls.
I also decorated my feltie using an evergreen tree from Hero Arts and a Christmas stick pin from the Making Memories Mistletoe line.

No comments: