Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Favorite


I have a new favorite tool to add to the collection. I recently bought an Olfa rotary cutter to help out when I'm working with fabric. (I have a hard time using scissors to cut fabric against a pattern.) Saturday night, I started putting together more fabric headbands (they are soooo easy) for my daughter and her friend for a birthday present. My new cutter worked like a dream. I couldn't believe how much easier it was to run alongside the pattern instead of battling the up and down motion of the scissor blades. And, it was so much faster, which is always a bonus in my book! This Olfa brand is a little bit more expensive than the Fiskars brand, but I thought the quality may be a little better, and I had a coupon (at Michael's) so I took the chance. Well worth the $$$.