Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Gift Bag


I had a few minutes tonight after dinner and before bath to put together this really cute bag to hold the baby bibs to be given to the teacher tomorrow. This is another one of those really inexpensive 4/$1.00 bags from Michael's. I used the fabric colors for my inspiration and to coordinate the entire look. I love the small checked paper from Michael's - I try to stock up when they run sales. I use this pattern all the time. I thought it would be appropriate for this baby theme. I couldn't decide on the central focal point. I stamped a baby carriage and tried to watercolor it, but didn't like the results. Watercoloring is definitely not my thing, although not for lack of trying. Anyways, I remembered that some of my Cricket cartridges come with a tag design like this "for you" sentiment, so I decided to go with it. I also used another one of my favorites, the red & white gingham ribbon....love it! I also got to use another new & now favorite tool, the Fiskars threading water punch. It is used on both of the white pieces of cardstock on the top and bottom of the bag. Love it too!