Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mermaid Girl


I completed a scrapbook layout this morning...it's simple, but I think it's still missing something. I began using a swirl-patterned background paper that I felt was too busy to work with in the end....but overall, I am happy with the result. Sometimes it just takes putting something together and then you will think of that *one* thing that is missing that will complete the look you're after. This was one of those "creative play" afternoons. I was busy with something at the craft desk and Abby came hopping in...I quickly grabbed my camera and took these shots. Somehow she got the idea to use her pajama pants to create a mermaid outfit. (She absolutely loves this bikini top which I won't let her wear out of the house.) I also got to use a few new products that have been sitting around for quite some time....my new Bazzill stitching templates, a border tape that I've had forever and the small 8x8 scalloped paper that I bought on sale at Michael's.