I knew as soon as I saw it that the size of the frame would be perfect to display a collection of butterflies. I quickly took apart the picture and asked hubby to sand the frame down for me so that I could re-paint it. My original idea was to paint it pink, but as I looked at the colors available in my stash, I opted for black. I used "asphalt" by Making Memories....it's a great solid black. My goal was to use what I had, and not buy anything.
Once I had the frame painted I went to my stash of large papers and decided to use this cork paper that I've had for almost 10 years. I used my Cuttlebug butterfly die and two different embossing folders to add texture to the patterned paper. (I'll take a better picture tomorrow in the daylight.) The last thing I did was to add one decorative rhinestone to the center butterfly. This piece was made with a total investment of $1.99.