Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tips & Tidbits


I thought as part of a new "series" on my blog I would go around my house from time to time and share with everyone some of the ways I stay organized in this crazy, busy world we live in. I have a passion for organizing and paying attention to details, so it has just become a way of life for me, but, for others, I know it's a daily struggle. If anyone has a specific question about an area that they may be having a hard time with, leave me a comment and I'll do my best to pass on a "tip or tidbit" that might be useful, along with photo or two, because they are always fun.
Today's tidbit accompanies a picture of how I keep my paper scraps organized. I have a white wooden carrying "box" that I picked up on clearance at Target many years back. I think it was originally made to hold silverware, but I use it to hold my paper scraps. Anytime I have a scrap of a significant size, I always cut it to have straight sides and place it in this box. It sits on a stand near my window so I can easily reach for a specific color at any time. Saving your scraps keeps you from wasting your full sheets of paper for times when you might just need a small amount. Also having these scraps has sometimes sparked my inspiration because I use the scraps and available colors I have instead of reaching for that full size piece of paper. Maybe I was thinking to use red and when I couldn't find a red scrap I opted for pink instead and the result was better than I had planned. This is an easy and affordable way to stay on top of those piles of paper we all want to throw away.

No comments: