Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tuesday's Trigger

I decided this week to participate in the infamous "Tuesday Trigger" challenge over at Moxie Fab's blog...I've seen the triggers many times, but this is my first time sending something in (there's so much awesome talent out there). Here's the trigger picture straight out of the Pottery Barn catalog:
And here's what I put together this afternoon....nothing like waiting until the last moment:
And because I love the close-ups so much better than the front-facing pictures (I've got to get myself a macro lens) here's another look:
Supplies I used include: cardstock from Stampin' Up, a Cuttlebug embossing folder, scraps from my stash, American Crafts Thickers letter stickers, my Spellbinders scallop die and my favorite PTI rustic twine. The border punch is from Fiskars. My inspiration came not only from the trigger but a piece of Cosmo Cricket paper I found in my paper drawer. I recreated the pattern on the paper for the focal point.
Thanks for taking a look!

5 comments:

katie H. said...

Awesome job Carla!!!!

Helen F. said...

Such a fun card, Carla. Really like the bright cheery colors.

Maren said...

So super sweet & moxie fab!! Thank you so much for playing along! :)

farmhouse-story said...

love your card, karla! perfect for moxies challenge!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Carla! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)