Saturday, January 2, 2010

Scrap-tastic Challenge

When I saw the "Scrap-tastic Challenge" on Nichole Heady's [Papertrey] blog I knew I had to participate. What a fun way to use up your scraps and brighten someone's day.

I went to my cardstock scrap pile first and pulled out two pieces of "Spring Rain" along with a strip of "Hibiscus Burst." Next up, was a visit to my drawer labeled "die cuts" - this is where I keep my bits and pieces of things that don't make it on a scrapbook page, card or whatever paper design I'm working with. That's where I found the punched border and small white flowers.

Adding some American Crafts striped ribbon, stamped images from "Turning a New Leaf" and "Floral Fusion" along with a matching button and my favorite twine, here's what I put together:
The gems were actually added to cover up a design flaw, but I really think they added to the card. I originally wanted to weave the sentiment strip on the front of the card, but didn't like the way it looked so, I improvised and added the gems.

Here's a closer look:
Thanks for taking a look!

8 comments:

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, really love that punched border, it makes the card come alive

Michelle said...

very nice...love the stamped image

Heidi said...

So pretty! You created such a happy card. It makes me smile. :0)

Sue Lelli said...

Very pretty and the gems are delightful - you should never have said they were covering up a mistake!!! I thought you were just bringing attention to the sentiment!!!

Diane said...

Very pretty card...love all the details..and the "pop" of color!

Dawn said...

Some of the most beautiful creations start out as "mistakes"...case in point, this wonderful card!

Helen F. said...

Oh so pretty! Love your bling to cover up the flaws--it looks perfect there. :o)

{PurpleD} said...

Beautiful! I love the white ink on light blue and the ribbon!