Monday, January 11, 2010

Thanks Ashley!

Every once in a while I stumble upon an idea and just fall in love with it....well, in this case, I found two ideas from Ashley's fantastic blog, "Make It and Love It." I don't exactly remember how I found her blog, but she featured two scarves she made and I immediately ran out to the fabric store (or in this case, my local Wal-Mart was closer) and found two remnants that were perfect for the job.

Here's my version of Ashley's knit scarf - she made hers using a pretty green and I found this charming floral:
Next up, I used Ashley's awesome tutorial to make my own flannel scarf [which I promise I ironed before taking the picture]:
What an economical way to jazz up your winter wardrobe....these remnant pieces were less than $3.00 for both scarves. I will admit that the knit version takes longer to make than the flannel one only because you spend more time cutting all of those little fabric "texture" strips. I might have an idea for next year's homemade Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Carla, those turned out darling. I love that floral print. And what a deal on fabric!! :) Thanks for the link!

Ashley