Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back from CHA

We arrived safely at home last night around 10:30 from our trip to Orlando's CHA shopping extravaganza....whew!...what a day! It was fun but boy was it W-A-A-A-A-Y the most crowded event I've attended in quite some time. You really had to have a high patience level to work your way through the crowds for each and everything you wanted to see or do. If you wanted to see a particular vendor's booth, you had to elbow [nicely] your way through....if you wanted to participate in a make-n-take you had to plant your feet on the floor for a holding space in the line for at least 20 minutes a pop. There were some really good make-n-takes....so, I would say some were definitely worth the wait.

And, as my sister said at dinner, "A bad day at CHA beats a good day at work anytime." So, with that, I turned my mood around and decided to call it a fabulous "day off" from the regular SAHM's routine of laundry, chores, and dinner duty.

Enough of that....now on to some pictures....here I am with my friend Katie and [center] Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink. Their entire team of ladies were so friendly and just a joy to be around.
This next picture is me and the all-time inspiring Donna Downey. It was a thrill to meet her and speak with her. She was exhibiting one of her original fabric journals and some of her products to buy. I wish I could have bought everything...I loved it all. (This was one of those friendly, "Hi, I don't know you, but can you take my picture?" moments and thus, the reason the picture is blurry....I will still treasure it nevertheless...and I earned brownie points because DD said she loved my necklace.)
Here is a picture of our group at the very end as we were leaving the showroom floor. Can you tell that we'd been on our feet for 8-hours straight? Do we look tired? or how about the deflated hair, the sore shoulders and the heavy bags? BTW, the pink ones are from Papertrey's booth.
And, here's some of the loot on the kitchen table at 11:00 o'clock last night, because we had to look at everything one more time before bed...right? It was a fun day, and now I need a nap!
See you later!

No comments: