Saturday, January 17, 2009

Scrappy Card & Baby Gift


I've had a really productive morning and I wanted to quickly share with you a few things I've finished today. First, I made this cute card using some scraps from a previous Stampin' Up workshop. I also used one of my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folders called, "Swiss Dots" to emboss my background. Second, I was able to start and finish a gift for my good friend who's having a baby girl in February. I found this cute-sized shadowbox at Michael's and used it to hold this background of pink textured paper and creamy white buttons formed in the shape of a heart. I also added a few pink buttons for contrast. The tiny chipboard butterfly was covered with pink paper (also embossed with the Swiss Dot folder) and I raised it up a bit using a dimensional dot. The last thing I did was to add a wide pink gross-grain ribbon to the outside perimeter of the frame (although you can't see it). This project was really affordable, coming in at less than $5.00.

No comments: