Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Inside Look






One of the things I love to do is to take an organized space and make it even BETTER by fine-tuning. Yesterday I got in the purging mood and decided to work on my girls' craft cabinet. I'll admit they have a lot of stuff, so much stuff that most of it doesn't get used because I have found that they always go back to their favorites time and time again....colored pencils, markers, crayons and drawing paper. Every once in a while they will pull out the paint or the pom-poms or the rubber stamps, but not very often. And, while I have one daughter who has a terrible time getting rid of anything, I decided to organize, on my own, without asking them their opinions. As I usually do, I put a ton of stuff in a box in the garage and I'll see if they ask questions...if they don't ask questions by a given period (a few weeks or so) I'll put the items on Freecycle or donate it to the school. Anyways, I wanted to show everyone an inside look at their craft cabinet once I got done with it. I try to be very simple with the labelling so that they know what's inside each storage box. I also wanted to move down all of their craft books and flash cards [from a higher shelf] so that they could help themselves to whatever they wanted to do. They know the rule - once you're done with it, put it away. Our craft room has gotten smaller and we need all the space we can get.

No comments: