Saturday, April 12, 2008

Almost Done


Back in the Fall I went to a really charming outdoor festival of booths consisting of arts and crafts and local schools trying to raise money for various events. One of the booths I visited was a woman who hand-crafted the most beautiful mother's necklaces and bracelets. They immediately caught my attention and I began asking questions. Her designs were gorgeous and I especially liked the necklaces with the natural beads in a variety of colors. Attached to each necklace were sterling silver pendants which included the picture of your choice. I have thought about those necklaces ever since I saw them. (I did visit her web page and the prices, although reasonable, were a little high for my "necklace budget.") What I have always done and one of my philosophies is, "When you like it and can't afford it, make it yourself." So, this is my version, although incomplete at the moment. And all for a grand total of $10. I am waiting on my dear husband to help me download a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch photograph, which is the size of the pendant I chose. These natural beads are from Michael's and I thought they would look just "fancy" with a nice pair of dark jeans, and a cute cotton top. I can't wait to wear it when it's done. I'll be sure to share a picture with you!