Monday, October 5, 2009

Blackberry Dump Cake

I went to a new "Green Market" yesterday and found the most gorgeous fresh blackberries. I had never seen ones so large!!! Here's a shot of them sitting all clean and gorgeous in my colander...I knew the second I laid eyes on them exactly what I wanted to do with them.
Have you ever tried Dump Cake? If not, you're in for a treat. It's the easiest of desserts to prepare....you need some kind of fresh fruit, or you can use canned cherries or peaches, yellow cake mix, a 9x11 casserole dish and one stick of butter (which I forgot to put in my picture). That's it....no other added ingredients.
First, I washed my berries. Next, I sprayed my casserole dish with a little non-stick cooking spray. After that, just layer in your fruit, cake mix and then....
cut up your stick of butter into little "pats" and dot them on top of the cake mix. Spread them out as best as you can.
To bake, just place the casserole dish in the oven at 350 degrees for one (1) hour. I also lined my sheet pan with foil in case there were any spill overs from the berries.
Here's what it looks like when it comes out of the oven. And, you should smell the kitchen while it's baking.....yummmm! I've always said that it would be great if Yankee Candle came out with a "Dump Cake" scented candle.
Try one today!

No comments: