Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick & Simple

O.K. So I had a lot going on today with school, birthday parties - two tomorrow and Mother's Day for my own, dear Mom....so I decided to go really easy on a quick birthday card for my daughter's schoolmate. Sometimes, you just have to bring it down to a simple level. Here's the card I made using my largest square Nestabilities die:
I saw the technique for making these folded scalloped cards using your Nestabilities die on You Tube and that's what I did. Then I went to my birthday sticker stash (stickers can be a huge time saver) and found this glittery girlie cake. I applied the polka-dot ribbon using double-side tape and attached a button with thread. Then, all I had to do was die cut the oval and stick on the sticker. We also added a birthday sentiment to the inside.
It's simple and it carries the message we wanted to deliver: Happy Birthday!

No comments: