Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pocket Envelope & Invitation

One of the girls on our PFA Board asked me to help her come up with a pocket envelope and card for some baby shower invitations she wants to make. This is what I came up with using her color scheme of blue and brown (must be a baby boy on the way):
Can you tell that I haven't glued it together yet? I wanted to be able to show her how to score it, fold it and where to apply the adhesive. I also tried to keep things simple, without using too many "fancy" techniques. But I could have easily applied some stitching, or embossing or rub-ons, the possibilities are endless. Here's a close-up:
For the inside card or invitation, I used my new embossing template from Stampin' Up to create the raised polka-dots. It would be easy to run your cardstock through the printer to print your party information and then emboss the dots afterwards. I love the little touch it adds.
I hope I didn't make it too difficult for her to re-create, I have a hard time keeping things simple. :)
Sources: Paper: DCWV, Ribbon: American Crafts, Star Die & Embossed Dot Template: Stampin' Up

1 comment:

Michelle said...

very nice...doesn't look difficult at all..I'm sure your friend will be able to re-create it.