Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Tool: T-Square Ruler

Have you tried using a T-Square ruler? I saw one being used in a video and the concept looked really simple...what a great way to make straight lines, either by drawing or, like I did today, by using my bone folder, to make scored lines. Seeing the video made me think, "Why didn't I think of that?"
The technique is really easy, just line up the ruler along a straight edge and then use your pencil, or in my case, a bone folder, and run it along the ruler using your guided pencil mark. (The lighter blue card on the left is the template I was using to make a pocket envelope for a Baby Shower invitation.)
My pencil is pointing to the place where I need to have a scored line to fold the envelope over.
I have a Scor-Pal, but for small projects this new ruler works great. And, best of all, it was a great price, only $2.79 at Michael's. Try one out!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oooh I just may need to go out and get one of these...a regular ruler definitely doesn't always keep my line straight.