Wednesday, May 20, 2009

23 for 2

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a total garage sale junkie! I just love the hunt and finding the treasures for mere pennies, compared to the retail giants! Here's a great example:
Last Saturday, we went to a neighborhood community sale. One of the houses had several "crafty" items for sale, including these [and more] spools of thread. She had a huge box full, all organized and sorted by color. My first instinct was to get them ALL so I asked the price. "$8.00" she replied. I immediately countered with, "Will you take $5.00?" She said it was a little too early or else she would.

After browsing around for a few minutes, the woman asked, "Are you not interested in the thread?" And I told her although it was a good deal, it was really WAY more than I would ever use, and honestly, I didn't want to have to store it. So, she offered to let me pick through the bags, selecting what I wanted for only 10/cents each.

I asked my husband to help "pick out the pretty colors" and we came away with 23 spools for $2.00!!!

I went to WM yesterday to see one spool on their clearance rack priced at $2.50 - I smiled remembering my bargain!

No comments: