Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weird Science




I had a hard time trying to come up with a party idea for my daughter's 8th birthday. Last year we had a soccer party at the house, in the backyard, and the weather was just miserable. I decided this year that we were going to go somewhere "inside." Cayla's first choice was bowling which I thought would be fun...little did I know how expensive it was - $14.00 for each child to bowl and have an ice cream!!! Sheesh, that's pricey! Well, one day, while visiting a scrapbook store on the other side of town I stumbled upon a children's science store. I found out that they host birthday parties. After finding the phone number I called and found out they had a party called, "Ooze, Bubble & Fizz." We had our party there yesterday and it was literally a BLAST! We had 8 children and they all had a great time. Several said, "This was the best party ever!" The children created three different experiments, making slime, making a volcano and blasting off the caps of a film canister using Alka Seltzer tablets. I thought I would post a few pictures from the party along with the cake I made. Usually, we have a themed cake, Hello Kitty, Super Mario, etc., but this year Cayla wanted a particular chocolate cake so that's what we did. I'm glad everyone had a good time.