Saturday, March 8, 2008

Organizing the Creative Space


Organization in the home is a constant "chore" but, for those of us who absolutely LOVE any kind of organizing task, it is really fun and I actually look forward to the end result! Today I decided to spend some time going from room to room, pulling items for an upcoming garage sale, and at the same time organizing my spaces a little bit better - "fine tuning" is what I like to call it. These pictures show my craft room closet "after" and "before" - the computer did not sequence them the way I wanted them to be, but you get the idea. I did some simple purging and sorting and about 30 minutes later, I had a nice spacious looking closet again. I relocated many of the items to my dining room table where I will price them and put them away until our big sale. I like to have garage sales 3 to 4 times a year to get rid of the "excess" and make a litlte spending money at the same time. We are so fortunate to have so much, but sometimes we don't need everything we have.