Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Blog Hop - Papertrey Style

Hi and Welcome to my blog!! I am so excited to be a participant in this month's Papertrey "Blog Hop."
A dear friend of mine recently purchased a new car and, once I heard the news, I knew exactly what stamp set I wanted to use to help her celebrate.

I went to my Papertrey stamp collection and got to work using the "Enjoy the Ride" stamp set. I've loved this set since the moment I saw it released, but have actually waited quite a while before using it. Why? I am not sure, because it is so much fun! It was also a perfect match for this month's theme which is to use a stamp set that has seen little or no ink.

Here's the card I created using lots of Papertrey goodies:
I began with Papertrey's white and kraft cardstock, along with a Spellbinders die cut using Hawaiin Shores cardstock which I embossed with a QuicKutz embossing folder. I also found this really cute patterned paper in my stash, and sorry....I don't know who the manufacturer is....it is something I found on clearance at my local scrapbook store.  I paired the patterned paper with Papertrey's Distressed Dots paper and Dotty Biscotti paper.

Other dies I used include the Enjoy the Ride car die, along with the double-ended banner die which I love!! Inks I used include Papertrey's Dark Chocolate and Pure Poppy. Other ink colors include Stampin Up's Gable Green and a Marvy turquoise.

I also paired this card with a scented air freshener for her car from Bath & Body Works.

I hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to come back soon!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun little card! It is a cute set.

Lori said...

Cute! I love this set.

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable. Love everything you've done with it.

Kay D said...

Such a cute, fun card!

Diane Jaquay said...

How FUN, love this colorful card!

beckynoelle said...

so cute! i have lots of trouble thinking up new ideas for this set! i love that car paper :)

Jen Carter said...

That paper was MADE for that stamp set!! Too cute!! (I love your blog header too by the way!)

Renee said...

That paper is perfect for that car!
So adorable...love the colors!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is so adorable! I love the patterned paper with the cards, and the embossed spellbinders die looks great!

Linda Suarez said...

So cute! I love the Enjoy the Ride car with that patterned paper. So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a happy little card! What a perfect patterned paper to use, and the polka dots on the bottom are super cute!

Stephanie said...

Look at how cute this is!!! Love that you found that patterned paper in your stash. It was waiting for just this occasion because it's absolutely perfect! Lovely, fun card.

Pat said...

What a happy coincidence to find this perfect patterned paper in your stash! Cute card.

Taheerah said...

That patterned paper works so perfectly with the Enjoy The Ride set! Great card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Adorably Cute Card! Love the PP and all the fun colors on it. And gifting it with a car freshener is perfect!