Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cutie Pie Keychain Clutch


This has to be the cutest sewing project I've ever completed....and better yet, I finished it in one afternoon, in a few hours to be exact. It's called a "Keychain Clutch" and the pattern can be purchased here.

This was my first pattern purchased through Keyka Lou Patterns and I'll have to say that I will be purchasing many more! Her patterns are very detailed and take you through a step-by-step process complete with pictures of each step. I am a visual person so the pictures help tremendously.

Here's a shot of the inside of my clutch:
The clutch is lined and also supported with a layer of interfacing. I need to do a little bit of ironing, but it's finished and I can't wait to use it.

I grabbed my organic lip balm and took this shot:
Wouldn't these make great girlfriend gifts? teacher gifts? thinking of you gifts? and what a great little treat to stick in the mailbox for someone special!

Think about making one today. Before I began, I e-mailed Michelle and told her I was a semi-newbie at the sewing machine, but honesly, I didn't have one single problem with this pattern. I also learned how to make and sew darts - a first for me.

I'm off to check out her other patterns.  Take care!

4 comments:

keyka said...

Your keychain clutch turned out so cute! The fabrics you used are great together. I love them both!

moxie*Lisa said...

That turned out super cute! I will definitely check out her shop.

Lulu said...

Oh my, that is so cute!! I'm a total novice sewer, but learning as I go.. off to check out her patterns now too!! :)

Liane said...

Sew cute! Going to check out her other patterns, too! TFS!