Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scenes from My [Messy] Desktop

I'm having the most wonderful kind of day....no commitments, no time schedules and NO LAUNDRY DUTY! And, on this kind of day, I love to get a few chores done in the morning so I don't feel guilty about "playing" for the rest of the afternoon. I'm in the midst of creating some fun and cute projects and thought I would take a quick break to snap a few photos to share with you.  

Here's the scene from my desktop:
I usually clean in-between projects because my space is a little limited.  And, right now, my youngest daughter has her "classroom" set up on the other side of the room, so I'm feeling a teensy bit cramped.

It's funny how I can start out with a "plan" and then, for some reason, I have the hardest time sticking to it.  I bring out a million and one things to find the pieces that make the project "just right." I wonder if anyone else uses that kind of method.

Here's a brightly-colored card I finished for my big sis who will be celebrating a birthday tomorrow:
I have several of these fun birthday papers and die cuts from the We R Memory Keepers "Funfetti" collection. Talk about some fun images and birthday stickers to choose from.  I could have gone way overboard with this collection! I also think some pretty Stickles or glitter added to the candle flames would have been fun.

Next up is a card for a sweet friend recovering from a recent surgery. [Sharon- Sorry I didn't send something sooner.]
This card mixes some patterned paper from my stash (in other words: I don't remember when and/or where I got it) with some Papertrey Ink cardstock and ribbon. I also used some of my favorite Spellbinders dies.

That's it for now...I'm moving on to some gift wrapping and one more card before...who knows what!!  See you next time!

No comments: