Monday, April 5, 2010

Money Well Spent

We visited the Riverside Arts Market again this weekend and I found a local farmer selling these gorgeous blueberries freshly picked and straight out of a freezer.
When we got them home, I dumped them out and started picking out stems and re-bagging them into smaller bags. At the Market I bought a gallon-sized freezer bag, approximately 4 1/2 pounds of berries for $8.00.  I thought it was a great deal. By the time I re-bagged them I ended up having 15 cups of berries!
I can't wait to make a new blueberry coffee cake recipe along with some fresh smoothies and maybe blueberry scones. As my good friend Debbi used to say, "De-lish!"

2 comments:

katie H. said...

I can wait to try some of your blueberry coffee cake
= )....sounds yummy already!

What Should We Call His Grad School said...

Hello mate great blog poost