Sunday, September 6, 2009

Moxie Fab World - Beatin' the Deadline

Moxie Fab World's "Stamping Challenge" was so much fun for me! I came up with this idea last night....I was inspired by the really cute Rusty Pickle mitten paper you can see here in the background:
To begin, I cut a mitten shape out of chipboard and then traced each mitten onto smooth white cardstock. Next, I used my Stampin' Up ink pads in shades of Ruby Red and Tempting Turquoise along with the Polka Dot Basics stamp set from Papertrey Ink. To finish the mittens I used a Creative Memories journalling pen and some red pom pom trim.
I "hung" the mittens using some American Crafts ribbon and attached the "line" using two mini plastic clothespins. To finish the card, I went to my Simple Alphabet stamp set (also from PTI) and stamped the sentiment, "Cold hands but warm hearts." I also used my white gel pen to add a faux stitched edge. The patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby and the green card base is from DCWV.

Next up is my entry in the "Classy & Elegant" category. This style was a little bit harder for me to design, but here's what I came up with: My first thought was to go with grey, black and cream and then I decided to throw in the butterscotch color with the grossgrain ribbon. The grey cardstock is from DCWV and the black is from Bazzill. I also used my Fiskars Apron Lace edge punch along with some Michael's snowflake stickers and Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls. The stamped sentiment is from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set.

Here's a better look: It feels great to have completed all of these cards.....I can't believe I am working on Christmas stuff in September, but I'm glad I did it....THANKS MOXIE FAB WORLD for a fun, fun challenge!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling cards!!! I really love the stamped one...such happy colors!

Cath said...

Hey Carla! Thanks for entering the challenges!

marianagrigsby said...

Those mittens with the pom pom trim are super cute!!! Great colors too!