Sunday, September 6, 2009

Moxie Fab - Vintage & Shabby

Here's another entry in the Moxie Fab World s-t-r-e-t-c-h your style challenge...this category is "Vintage & Shabby." This is a style I admire, but I must admit it was a bit of a stretch for me. My first thought was to make an ornament, but then I decided to use what I made as the embellishment on a card.

I got out my old notebook of plastic stencils and traced this ornament shape:
Next, I covered the chipboard with some holly designed patterned paper and distressed the edges using my Making Memories distressing blade. I also found a neat piece of trim in my fancy trim jar and added it to the ornament front. I completed the "ornament" by cutting some holly leaves which I scored using my Scor-Pal and then added some "berries" using small red Creative Cafe buttons.
I used brown StazOn ink on all of the edges as well as my sewing machine around the chocolate brown BoBunny polka dot paper. The sticker sentiment is from Melissa Frances.
I apologize for the "washed out" look in the first photograph...I had a hard time getting my flash not to fade out my vintage look....the colors are much better in the close up shot. I'm also so excited to have such a jump start on all of these holiday designs.....I'll be back with more for the "classy & elegant" category and the "stamped" category. This has been a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Cnbztribe said...

Love your blog! Especially the Christmas cards. I'll have to try to make them this year. Thanks for the ideas.