Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LOADS of fun

I was asked by my daughter's 3rd grade teacher to design a bulletin board for the incoming 3rd graders this year. This is a board that sits in the hallway for everyone to share. I had the design in my head and worked on it two separate times this summer.....working all by yourself on a bulletin board is a little tedious - and I won't even mention the fact that the hallway was sweltering hot because they don't turn the A/C on during the summer....sheesh!

Here's how it turned out:
My husband helped me by making a stencil for the little t-shirts, and my Mom helped me by finding the miniature soap boxes at a local laundromat - I guess you could call it upcycling, because they came from the trash. :) I used my Cricut to cut out the subjects in 6 different fonts. I also borrowed an idea to use green tissue paper for grass instead of using a ton of green paper or cutting blades of grass.

And here's a card I put together yesterday for my stash - no challenge, just for fun:
I love the "cartoon talk" stamps from Michael's and can't wait to use more on future projects. The notebook edge punch is from Stampin' Up and the star dies are from Sizzix.
And, here's the close up:
I'm waiting on a friend's decision for a new job....perhaps she will need a "WOW" card in her mailbox!

No comments: