Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Tools, New Layout



I ordered some new tools a few weeks back...a set of the Nestabilities dies with scalloped edges. Actually, I ordered two sets, the oval set and the circle set. I finally came to the conclusion that buying these sets (6 different sizes in 1 set) was WAY cheaper than purchasing individual punches at $9+/each. And....the best thing is....they are so much easier to store than all those bulky punches. I thought I would show you a picture of an entire set, plus the embossing pad and cutting pad. And another thing, these dies work very well with my trusty ole' Sizzix die cut machine. I didn't have to spend more $$ purchasing another tool I don't have room for.

Well, as the days of summer are settling in, I've finally been able to carve out some cropping time. I started on this layout last night and finished it this morning. It's not my usual "family" layout, but I thought the before and after pictures were worth remembering. I decided to make it just one page so the journalling didn't get really lengthy. I am also learning to like my handwriting on my layouts instead of using the computer all of the time. I entered a page contest at the last crop I went to and the girl working in the store actually loved the way my handwriting looked on my page...I was a little bit surprised.

No comments: