Saturday, May 8, 2010

Because I know my Mom...

doesn't read my blog, I thought I would share with you the arrangement I put together as part of her Mother's Day present: 
My Mom is so low-key and she said she didn't want any gifts this year, but I couldn't make myself not find something "pretty" for her [is that a double negative???].  I went to Michael's and glanced through their floral arrangement displays....nothing really grabbed me or fit the design I had in mind, so I did what I always do....I made my own.

These are not my normal "go-to" colors, but I love hydrangeas of any kind (real or artificial) and these three groups of flowers all seemed to just fall into my hands.  One bunch, (the small white flowers) I found in the dollar bin and they really helped add the finishing touch.  The total for this bunch of flowers + the ceramic pitcher was less than $15. 

I'm busy in the bow-making department now, because I wanted it to look a little bit more like a "gift" vs. a regular arrangment and then I'll add some cellophane and a card.  I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

Katie H. said...

Carla - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your mom is so going to love it!!! Very very nice!