Saturday, March 6, 2010

Playin' Around

One of my favorite Stampin' Up sets is called "Great Friend." I love the butterfly image, the frame image and the sentiment stamps. Here are two cards I put together while playing around the other day, just using the colors of cardstock on my desk along with a few scraps from Cosmo Cricket:
This card is nothing too fancy, just some simple pieces along with a scallop border punch and a snippet of Tempting Turquoise ribbon.
On the next card, I decided to go with a few more details, including a few punches from Martha Stewart's butterfly trio punch along with some grassy hills using her new shredding scissors.
The pink scrap was pulled out of my scrap holder and I also went with a larger scallop on the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. I bought a set of Quickutz scallop border dies a while back and have just taken to using them on every other project lately.
That's it for today! Take care!

1 comment:

Katie H. said...

I was lucky enough to see these cards in person and the are gorgeous!!! Way to go Carla!!!