Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unconventional Gifts

I decided to do something different for the teacher's Valentines gifts this year. Although I may add a bag of freshly baked cookies, I decided to go the non-chocolate route. I saw first-hand the unbelievable load of chocolate my daughter's third-grade teacher received for Christmas, so I thought I would treat their waistlines to a little something non-edible.
These little tissue holders are a cinch to whip up, and use only a small amount of fabric, which I had in my stash. The pattern I use is for the Puffs personal tissues which are way better than the Kleenex brand, in my opinion. I know my third-grade teacher has a pink and black tote bag so I made the pink one for her.
My younger daughter's teacher has a black and white Vera Bradley bag, so I thought this pattern worked for her. I placed each one in a cello bag and attached a little homemade tag using my square Nestabilities dies. I think I'll make one for me next!

No comments: