Thursday, February 26, 2009

Twenty-Five Cent Explosion

Well, not an explosion in the real sense of the word, but an "explosion card." [I needed a catchy title.] My daughter finally decided what she wanted to do for her 9th birthday party so I got to work on some invitations yesterday afternoon. After having some "down time" in the creative department, I was a little stumped about what to do. I left the pieces to sit overnight on my desk until the ideas came to me this morning.
I used two pieces of American Crafts cardstock I picked up at Michael's for $.12/each and pieces of scrap red & yellow cardstock. I also remembered my awesome Cuttlebug embossing folder with random numbers that I love to use on anything related to birthdays. The aqua blue square was punched using my Nestabilities dies and is actually the reverse side of this American Crafts patterned paper. The yellow tab was made from the Stampin' Up round tab punch, another favorite. I placed the tab on the left side of the card so that the girls would know how to open the card.

Here's a shot of the inside which expands to reveal all of the party information. This was easy using the computer and a journaling font.

The next thing I had to decide was how to encase the card inside of an envelope. The yellow tab made that a little tricky. I decided to use a white CD envelope. I sliced the flap off with my X-acto knife and slid in the invitation. I think I will print the recipient's name on a round label and attach it to the front. All together these invitations were less than $1.00 for 4. Nothing like having a week to plan a party....it's easy with simple projects like this.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea!!! So cute and clever... this makes me want to have a party just to send out invites. I hope everyone enjoyed your creativity!