Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homemade Snow Globe


I'm working again on our school's Holiday Festival and today I put together the remaining jars which we will use to make snow globes. I decided because my sample jar was taller than the jars we are using for the Festival, I would use a pretty pink flamingo instead of the Christmas charms the children will use. It was pretty easy to put together. The first thing you do is remove the label from the outside of a baby food jar. Then, with hot glue, apply your snow globe "centerpiece" which, as you can see, I used a flamingo. Fill your jar with water, add some glitter and a squirt of clear hand soap. For safety, I used a white painter's tape to wrap the lid and keep the kids from unscrewing the top. Next I tied a pretty pink ribbon to cover the tape.

No comments: