Monday, October 25, 2010

2 for One

Isn't she pretty? Every house with a child needs a gumball machine, right? I never considered buying one until this past Friday when we spotted this one lying sideways in a box at a church rummage sale. I pulled her out and took a quick glance. My girls were with me and immediately said, "Cool!" so I hung on to her while we shopped the sale.

It is a Carousel model, tho not an original. We've done some research. I think this model retails for $60.

Anyways, we picked up some other items, enough for a medium boxful, and carried it up to the check out area. The church lady looked through what we had gathered, including the gumball machine, and announced, "$8.00 for all of it!" How could I refuse? So, we brought her home.

This morning we cleaned her up nice and pretty after we bought a large container of gumballs at WM. And, the fun thing is for one penny you get two gumballs! 2 for 1....not a bad deal after all.

Be sure to check out the other thrifty finds over at Apron Thrift Girl's blog....I'm linking along this week.

2 comments:

TYRaines said...

That would be dangerous in my house, but a very cute find!

Anonymous said...

I had a plastic gumball machine as a kid. Now I want this grown u p version!