Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Happenings

It took me a long time to "get into" Easter this year. I don't know why, maybe because both of my girls decided they didn't want to hunt eggs this year, or maybe because lately I've either been working or volunteering at school and our weekends have been busy....not much free time = not much time for holiday crafting and decorating around the house.  We all know the drill, but I did manage to sneek some time in for a few things: 
This is the "one and only" Easter card I made for a special friend. I had the idea floating around in my head for a while and one night when I couldn't sleep I got up and quietly put this together in my craft room while everyone slept.  I made an egg-shaped template and die cut a bunch of scalloped strips using my Big Shot. I layered and adhered the strips on the egg template until it was covered and then simply flipped it over to the back and cut along the outside. Other cardstock includes Stampin' Up's Very Vanilla and patterned paper from a scrap stash that I bought at a garage sale for $1.00. The sentiment stamp is from Kitchen Sink stamps (another garage sale purchase).

Next is a little treat that I found on the internet somewhere....it was something so different I had to make a few of them to pass out:
It is called "Bunny Hop Pop" and when I saw it, it was one of those times when I thought, "How did they think of that?" It just goes to show that there are so many talented and creative people in this big old world of ours. Anyways, it is made using an orange soda and simply covering the outside with decorative paper, adding a green top to the lid using hot glue and finishing it off with a ribbon and tag. I will definitely be making more of those for next year.

I also made 20 more of these little critters for my 3rd grade class:
Although we kept it gender generic by not adding the beauty mark and bow they turned out super cute! I was so excited to get them boxed up and delivered I forgot to snap a finishing picture.

I think I may check out some submission calls and get myself geared up for a few days off and maybe some creative time squeezed into my busy schedule. I also have a Mother's Day craft that I want to share as soon as I get some cute pictures. Another idea I'm borrowing and it's a cute one too!

No comments: