Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Adding that Finishing Touch

I made this quick card to go with a birthday package for a sweet little one-year old.  Her party had a cupcake theme, so I knew I wanted to use this great cupcake die from Quickutz. I didn't want to go too over the top with stamping, etc., so I kept things simple.  The finishing touch made me smile:
I went to my stash of flat sequins and glued these pretty gems to the cupcake, acting as "sprinkles" and it was "just enough" to make it personal and special for her. 

The base of the card was made using a pre-formed matchbox card from DCWV.  I picked these up on clearance a while back from Hobby Lobby.  They are a neat concept, but in the end I decided I wasn't impressed.  They may find their way to a crafting garage sale.  The picture is not so pretty, but here is it in full view:
My ribbon proved too heavy for the matchbox flap making it difficult to photograph standing up....oh well, the cellophane envelopes that come with the set make up for it. 

1 comment:

Katie H. said...

Adorable. I love the idea of the sequins for sprinkles. You are so cleaver! I cannot wait to craft in the summer.