Friday, September 17, 2010

My Kind of Organization Project

I was going to label this post, "Houston, we might have a problem." but then I changed my mind.  As a girl with a papercrafting heart, recently, my interests have shifted slightly into a sewing direction.  I've been busy this past week selecting and cutting fabric for several pieces I want to sell in an upcoming craft show. The show is in November, so I think I have plenty of time, but I like to get a good head start.

After spending two weeks with my dining room table covered, I decided to clean it up a bit because, frankly, the mess was driving me crazy.

I went to my craft room and sorted the fabrics I've purchased recently, along with some I picked up this summer and found my drawers overflowing with prettiness!!! This is more fabric than I have ever had at one single time.

Here's a shot of my blue, brown and black drawer:
And next is my white, yellow, orange, pink, red and green drawer:
I know, this is not the MOST exciting blog post you've ever read, but I was so happy to see all of my pretty fabrics housed together in one spot (well two spots, technically) and I thought you might be interested to see how I store my fabric.  Everyone has their own different methods and this is mine.  I also decided that although my space is small, my choices are plenty and as I squeezed the last piece in I got the "sign" that my purchasing days are over, at least for the time being....or until I find something I like at a great price.  :)  So the answer is, "No Houston, we don't have a problem."

No comments: